It didn’t take long for Jennifer Lawrence to catch fire and sweep the acting world off its feet.
Now, with an Oscar under her belt, Lawrence is back and reprising her role as Katniss Everdeen in the second installment of “The Hunger Games” franchise, “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” in theaters now.
This time around, Katniss and Peeta Mellark are eyed as threats to the Capitol after their victory incites rebellion in the Districts of Panem. Good news for fans: this “Hunger Games” is supposed to be bigger and better than the first!
Sure, you’ve seen Lawrence as the heroic “Hunger Games” champ (and rocking a pixie cut as of late), but there is still so much to learn about the outspoken star. From her childhood pony to her minor TV roles, here are 20 things you probably don’t know about Jennifer Lawrence.
1. Before setting her sights on acting, Lawrence aspired to become a doctor.
2. Lawrence was voted “most talkative” in 7th grade. Her nickname was also “Nitro.” After seeing her candid interviews, we’re not surprised!
3. Lawrence grew up in Louisville, Kentucky before moving to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career. Growing up, her dad owned a construction company and her mom ran a summer camp.
4. She was a high school cheerleader.
5. Lawrence’s big break came in the indie hit “Winter’s Bone” (2010). Besides learning to fight and chop wood for the role, she also became skilled at skinning squirrels. Yes… really. The film depicts her character butchering a squirrel and it’s 100 percent J.Law.
8. “Katpiss Neverclean” was her nickname on the set of “The Hunger Games.” It does have a nice ring to it.
9. Growing up, her family owned a horse farm. Lawrence’s pony was named “Muffin.”
11. Was ranked No. 1 on Askmen’s “Top 99 Most Desirable” women list for 2013.
12. Lawrence graduated from high school two years early in order pursue her acting career. She graduated with a 3.9 GPA.
13. Her film “House at the End of the Street” was delayed and seemed slated for a straight-to-video release, but Lawrence’s Oscar nomination for “Winter’s Bone” put it back on track, pushing the horror film to a surprising $42 million haul.
14. Before landing a starring role on “The Bill Engvall Show,” she played a lion mascot in a guest turn on the show “Monk.”
15. Lawrence has never taken an acting class of any kind, but has performed in local theater from an early age.
16. She nearly turned down the role of Katniss Everdeen after witnessing the effect the role of Bella Swan had on Kristen Stewart‘s personal life. After thinking it over for three days, Lawrence accepted the role.
17. Believe it or not, Lawrence earned her SAG membership after appearing in a commercial for MTV’s “My Super Sweet Sixteen.” In the spot, she portrayed a hysterical spoiled rich girl.
18. Lawrence appeared in the 2009 music video “The Mess I Made,” by the indie band Parachute.
19. While attending the 2013 Oscars (where she won Best Actress), she carried a phone, almonds, a Baby Ruth, and Laffy Taffy in her purse.
20. Besides being starstruck by Jeff Bridges on the red carpet, Lawrence is apparently also mildly obsessed with John Stamos. She admitted to following Stamos around at a party, saying “dude” and “Uncle Jesse” repeatedly.
from The Moviefone Blog http://news.moviefone.com/2013/11/22/jennifer-lawrence-facts/